Archer VR1600v v1 5ghz problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-07 16:03:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 171027 Rel.38125n

ISP : TPG

Hello, I was recently sent out a new router for my "upgrade" to the NBN network in Australia. The router TPG sent me was the Archer VR1600v v1 and it's firmware is 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 171027 Rel.38125n. The situation here is I put myself on the 5ghz band and everyone else on the 2.4ghz. Everything was working fine, I was getting 94mbps down and 40mbps up. All of a sudden on 5ghz the speed as droped to an inconsistent rate from 15mbps - 40mbps down and 30mbps up. We have introduced nothing new that could have caused this issue, but to be sure we had turned everything wireless capable including Bluetooth things and anything that might broadcast. Ping to local servers fluctuate from 1-200 consistently at times. This is only happening on the 5ghz band. The 2.4ghz band seems to be operating as normal. I have also forced into into an empty channel as well as channel width changing just to be safe. I can not figure out any other form of interference or options. As i said it was all of a sudden after working solidly for 4 days or so. I tried contacting my ISP and they couldn't figure it out. Apparently to them the line is fine. Also being physically connected to the modem-router seems to give me 94mbps down and 40mbps up. So i can only imagine perhaps a faulty modem-router, but that's why i am here to see if anyone has any idea. I have not tried going back to factory settings and trying again. Thank you for your help and your time to help me out.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 892

Replies: 0

Related Articles