Latest VR2800 Firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Latest VR2800 Firmware?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Latest VR2800 Firmware?
Latest VR2800 Firmware?
2018-06-18 06:28:53
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

HI,

Apparently my router is using the latest firmware: ver 0.3.0 0.9.1 v006c.0 Build 170809 Rel.42095n (as seen on the router firmware page)

However when I check the UK support website to validate this is the case, it seems to suggest the latest firmware version is dated 10th Jan 2017 v 1_0.2.0_0.9.1

Are these different firmware versions and which should I believe is the latest?

Thanks
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]
Options
2 Reply
Re:Latest VR2800 Firmware?
2018-06-24 22:04:44
I can't directly answer your question. However, you can find out if your VR2800 has the latest firmware installed. Just open the Archer control GUI in your browser and follow this path: Advanced (tab) > System Tools > Firmware Upgrade > Check for Upgrades (button)

Once you do that you can see automatically if you have the latest firmware (assuming TP-Link have it right at their end, which they should have).

Above said, I do agree that the information at the Download Page is very, very confusing and TP-Link should correct that. Easiest to follow for end-users would be to state version numbers in the same way as shown in the VR2800 browser GUI. Off course, it would also be useful to provide a date as well and any additional comments as well.

Hope this helps.
Options
Re:Latest VR2800 Firmware?
2018-06-26 06:25:24
The firmware currently installed on your router is the latest, TP-Link have just been very lax and not updated their support page to reflect the updated firmware.

One thing I've learned about TP-Link, is not only are they pretty lax about releasing firmware updates for their products in general, but they're even worse when it comes to keeping their support pages up to date (And I thought NETGEAR were bad, they are nowhere near as bad as TP-Link).
Options