network isolation between 2 routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-06-26 04:22:35
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

In my home network there is a lot of untrusted devices who connected to my home network
I wanted to know if i can use the tp-link td-w9970 as modem+router as first network layer [ that router is connect to the ADSL CABLE ]
And then connect ethernet cable to the LAN port of Link-tp-w9970 and then connect to WAN port on the other router that i have.

I want that all the insecure devices would connect to the second router i.g second network layer and would not be able to communicate with the devices that are in the first network layer i.g devices that connect to the first router [TP-LINk modem+router w9970 ].

It's very important to me that my pc will be in the first network layer for QOS option that i can play games without a lot of intervenes.

It is possible to prevent devices that found in network layer 2 be isolate and not be able communicate or use port scan on my pc that found on the first network layer [ connected directly to my TP-link router +modem ]
I mean that the deceives that connected to network layer 2 would not be able to port scan my pc in network layer 1.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 379

Replies: 0

Related Articles