The Truth is DECO sucks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

The Truth is DECO sucks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
The Truth is DECO sucks
The Truth is DECO sucks
2018-07-04 02:10:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Since I spent £199 on this piece of crap I have had nothing but problems with it. I would avoid at all costs!
Options
8 Reply
Re:The Truth is DECO sucks
2018-07-04 19:10:57
I've had one in place for nearly a year...working great and no complaints from the rest of the occupants of the house (9 altogether). What specifically has been giving you grief, maybe the community here can help?
Options
2018-07-05 15:24:15
So far so good with my deco units. What kind of issue do you get with deco units?
You may describe your problem here or send email to tp-link support for further help.
Options
2018-07-06 03:09:28
I've had a year of excellent service with Deco M5. The most recent firmware upgrade wasn't totally smooth but I have no complaints otherwise. There are not many affordable competitors that provide all the features that the Deco M5 has, so I'm happy overall.
Options
2018-07-06 20:59:59
I'm a computer / network tech by trade, and I must admit although I love my Deco system for home, I recommend a competing one to clients as I just can't be sure how long TP-Link will support this one for.

And I *really* love my home system, where I get QOS'd to the top of the list when I need to get some work done, it's great!
Options
2018-07-09 13:48:17
It seems deco Wi-Fi system is TP-Link new product direction. They should focus on this product and support them for a long time.
Wish they will provide more and more good products and benefit us:)
Options
2020-06-07 06:31:49

I agree, I have several Decos on my system, they connect to each other with the wrong signal strength (i.e. bypass good connections to get bad connections), and I the speed is utterly pathetic.

Options
2020-12-28 16:00:01

@felthamn 

I have five of the X60 Deco's and they are crap. What a waist of money geven they will all need to be relpaced. These five are covering the same square footage I once ran a single Apple airport with one extender for years with no issue. I replaced these witth the five Decos and now I am everyday rebooting one or more of them to return the blinking red node back to the mesh. With every update I hope that someone at TP-Link has finally figgured out how to not make this devices the gargage they are. No luck with this yet. The Deco mesk is a compleate falure and the entire team that developed this product should be fired.

Options
2020-12-30 06:49:59

@cantrj 

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you would like to spend more time, we would like to ask for senior engineers for more help.

And Please feel free to provide more details about your current issue on the Deco X60.

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options