TP Link Smart Plug HS110 with power usage monitoring - how/where is notifications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP Link Smart Plug HS110 with power usage monitoring - how/where is notifications

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-04 13:49:01
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just bought a TP Link Smart Plug HS110 with power usage monitoring, everything working great. Just wondering how to configure such that if the power is less than certain watts to show notification on my smart phone or send me an email notifcation?
Options
5 Reply
Re:TP Link Smart Plug HS110 with power usage monitoring - how/where is notifications
2018-07-09 16:56:24
It seems you may misunderstand the energe consumption monitoring function supported by HS110.

It can only monitor how much energe your appliance cusume.
Options
Re:TP Link Smart Plug HS110 with power usage monitoring - how/where is notifications
2018-07-09 21:29:41
You can do that sort of thing with aftermarket apps that run as servers/monitors on your network and take action when conditions (like power usage) are met.
Options
2018-07-10 12:06:47
Aprilcoco & MikeP_AutomationManager

Thanks for both of your replies.

@Aprilcoco i posted here hoping to encourage tp link to add this feature to their phone apps. Yes, currently the app can monitor and show usage and even daily/month usage report but doesn't have the feature to set an alert if the power consumption is at certain wattage. What i was trying to achieve is to let my HS110 smart plug send a notification once my washing machine has finished it's washing cycle which should output a 0Watts.

@MikeP_AutomationManager Yeah fortunately/unfortunately my friend used Home Asistantant to achieve this for me, it wasn't straight forward and a lot of messing around but nevertheless it worked. Hope TPlink can put this feature in coz i heard Wemo smart plug has this feature.

Options
2018-07-10 20:04:31
Yep, wemo has that - a single threshold value that it can report on. I've heard varying reports - that the event isn't always sent or that it's sometimes slow. For washing machines there's a few times in a cycle where the power drops below the threshold (between rinses I think) so you need to count the notifications rather than look for a single one.

I'm familiar with HA but I prefer mine (AutomationManager) of course :). Easier to set up and use, and it has more flexibility for automation.
Options
2018-07-11 07:42:51
Thanks @ MikeP_AutomationManager, yeah my friend figured out aout the cycle and power drops, thanks for letting me know about AutomationManager, will let my friend know to try out!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2635

Replies: 5