Speed issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Speed issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Speed issue
Speed issue
2018-07-10 23:02:36
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey everyone,

I have TP Link TD-W8961N which is the most basic router. I have a plan of 50 Mbps and there are only two devices always connected to the router.
One is my dekstop via LAN and one is my laptop. On LAN whenever I do speed test , the speed is always around 49-50 Mbps but on wifi it fluctuates a lot and sometimes it is only around 30 Mbps.
I know that i am not going to get the exact speed as in LAN but why such a huge difference? Can anyone tell me the reason?

To make things more clear I am attaching an image of the router

Options
3 Reply
Re:Speed issue
2018-07-23 15:50:23
In LAN You will get the exact speed but if you connect your laptop or mobile with WIFI then you will see the huge difference between LAN and WIFI.WIFI signal fluctuates but if you are near your router then you it will see no fluctuation and you will get the exact speed.
Options
Re:Speed issue
2018-07-27 08:18:33
Hey, did you check your house for any other signs of interference?
Options
Speed
2018-09-26 17:56:21
You'll have no fluctuations when you're near the router. Maintain the distance between router and the device.
regards,
garageband for windows 10
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 409

Replies: 3

Related Articles