Archer AC/VR 2800 Windows 10 network problem.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-07-28 00:39:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I've just upgraded from a BT Homehub 6 to the AC2800. We have lots of smartphones, an xbox, smart TVs, etc. and for the most part are totally fine. The problem is the two Win 10 computers in two seperate locations (two in each) in the house. All devices that have ethernet are connected via wire . At most, there is 1 TP-link Gigabite 5 port hub between the Archer and the actual devices (3 hubs in total). All cabling has been checked. Internet is working just fine across all devices.

Prior to upgrading from the Homehub 6 all the PC's could see and browse each others systems (I created a free sharing environment). I also have a Plex server streaming videos to any system in the house. But now, I can't seem to access any of the Windows 10 machines across the network. I can see them in the TP-Link control panel and Windows Explorer. But I get a message saying 'network path is not available when I try to access them.

Hope someone can help.

Marco
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AC/VR 2800 Windows 10 network problem.
2018-07-28 17:22:35
Try turning off (then back on) all the other network hubs you have as if they are switches they may have stored incorrect routing information. Also check when Windows say the new network it did not set it to a public network rather than a private network.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 576

Replies: 1

Related Articles