Google Home voice command to set timer for smart plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-10 17:51:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have purchased a TP-Link smart device and have setup in the Kasa App. I have been able to use the timer function within the Kasa App.

Is there any way I can use Google Home voice commands and set a timer?
Options
2 Reply
Re:Google Home voice command to set timer for smart plug
2020-09-17 22:01:07 - last edited 2020-09-17 22:07:41

I have done it with a combination of Google Assitant Voice Control and IFTTT's WebHooks service which I fed into my project on the Conrad Connect website where it triggers both an immediate 'On' action and a delayed 'Off action' on my TP-Link Kasa Smart Plug. I had to make seperate IFTTT recipies for each different length of time delay/sleep timer I wanted for my fan heater, with the voice commends being "15 minutes", "30 minutes" and "60 minutes" . Sadly Conrad Connect is no longer free and IFTTT is limiting free recipie creations to 3, and it's not worth paying a subscription to Conrad Connect/IFTTT just for this feature.

https://dashboard.conradconnect.de/projects/public/5d53106c901f5bcdca70db6f

Options
Re:Google Home voice command to set timer for smart plug
2020-09-18 03:19:21

@abc123 At one time you could use voice and IFTTT to set a google schedule entry that took the time as an input parameter.  Then you could use the schedule expiration to turn devices on or off.  Unfortunately IFTTT has messed that up with their ridiculous subscription charges.

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2572

Replies: 2