Problem with TD-W9970 router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-12 22:40:15
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Because of severe problems uploading large files, apparently caused by a ping failure rate of 4-6%, I was asked to try a different router, so I bought a new TD-W9970 router. This made no difference at all to my problem, so the router was not at fault.

I then found that I was unable to load either Firefox or Thunderbird during the day (evenings seemed to be OK, but the cause of the comeback was uncertain).
Reverting to my old Tenda router solved the problem immediately. My suspicion is that a setting or settings on the tp-link router are causing the problem, but reading the manual does not help a lot as it does not clearly what might be causing the problem.

I would like to use the new tp-link router, but I cannot afford to further time after 6 hours of trying to find out what was wrong. I am now using Windows XP SP3 with Firefox 52.90 ESR and Thunderbird 52.9.1
If you ask why I am still on XP it is because I use a vital piece of image manipulation software that does not work on later versions of Windows.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 714

Replies: 0

Related Articles