W8960N Can't log into interface after firmware upgrade

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-17 10:01:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

First, I spent 2 days going through the forum looking for problems such as mine with no luck so I started this thread and can only hope I put it in the right place

Back in July, I had a chat with someone from TP-Link. I needed to do a firmware upgrade on my TD-W8960N. I did as was instructed and downloaded TD-W8960N_V1_V3_111108 Firmware, and followed the instructions to install. Everything works fine until today. I tried to log my tablet in and got an Authentication error. I tried several times and got the same error. I then tried my laptop and had the same problem ( this is the first time I've tried to log these in since the upgrade ). I tried logging into the interface using the username and my password which failed. I tried the default login which failed. I've pulled the plug on the unit and rebooted after 10 minutes with the same results. Since doing the firmware upgrade, I can't login to the interface or use the wifi. Everything works fine with any systems hardwired. It seems like something either corrupted the password or changed it. Username could never be changed on this unit and to me that is just wrong on so many levels.

Original Firmware version: Hardware Version: TD-W8960N v1 0x00000001 Label Ver 1.6

The firmware version I was told to use was: https://www.tp-link.…oad/TD-W8960N_V1.html#FirmwareDownload for TD-W8960N | TP-Link CanadaTP Link - Download Center Detail

TD-W8960N_V1_V3_111108 Which I did. As stated earlier, now I can't log into the interface.

I really don't want to do a factory reset if I can help it. There are a number of forwarded ports for cams and ata etc. I backed up the system before the upgrade as well as took screenshots of all relevant setup screens in advance of the upgrade. ( Good thing I had 2 days off lol )

Any suggestions on accessing the interface would be greatly appreciated and thank you.

Rob
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 374

Replies: 0

Related Articles