Smart Plug HS110 - VPN usage without cloud

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-18 14:53:15
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I'm using three HS110 plugs with the latest firmware. Also my Android an dmy iPhone include the Kasa App is up to date.
I want to use the smart plugs in the same way as other service in my house from the internet without any cloud bases platform.
So I'm using for all other service my own VPN tunnel witj OpenVPN.

How can I use the HS110 plugs WITHOUT the TP-link based cloud only via my OpenVPN tunnel?

What addtional needs to be set in my router, Firewall, VPN settings, etc that I can reach the plug by the Kasa App and a working VPN tunnel?

Thanks for you help.

BR
scheuerer
Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Plug HS110 - VPN usage without cloud
2019-02-13 16:08:46
Did you get this to work? I have the same set up and when I'm out i too use the VPN to get on the same network for other stuff (like camera access etc). It's frustrating that even though your phone can use the VPN to get on the same network as the switches, it won't work. Yes, you can get Kasa to work if you allow the remote (cloud) mode, however it's not great for security as I think you've eluded to. I use one of the generic apps which don't have the same limitation (i use Wemo Home) Matt
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1204

Replies: 1