Smart plug HS 110 differnet AP with same SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-18 15:00:15
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I'm using three HS110 plugs with the latest firmware. Also my Android an dmy iPhone include the Kasa App is up to date.
I want to use the smart plugs in the same way as other service in my house on differnet wall plugs
Each room or floor has one ore more TP-Link Access points (Routers) with the same SSID installed.
So ican all the tme the best WLAN coverage.
Now I want the plug from time to time in differnet rooms.
Current I'm not able to finalise the setup from the plugs because it will not work to find the right AP with started the installation
and finalize.

Any Idea how to setup the plug with differnet AP in my out using the same SSID.

Thanks for you help.

BR
scheuerer
Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart plug HS 110 differnet AP with same SSID
2018-08-23 23:34:48
In theory shouldn't the change be transparent to the plug if the AP settings are identical? I don't have TP-Link AP's but my mesh works fine.
Options
Re:Smart plug HS 110 differnet AP with same SSID
2018-08-30 05:51:07
I have a similar setup at home. I have one HS110 that moves around the house. It does not matter what access point it connects to. It always comes online. If you are truly using the exact same SSID, Encryption level (WEP, WPA, etc...) and password then you should not have an issue. You should fully setup the HS110 and verify it's working correctly before you start moving it around. When it loses power from being un-plugged, it might take a minute or two before it reconnects to WiFi when it's plugged back in.

Good Luck!
Options
Yes, it works.....
2018-08-31 03:27:05
Hello, yes, I can confirm, that it works when moving the Smart Plug,from Socket to socket where I have different Access Points in use,which have the same Settings, like SSID,etc. Only the channel is different in each AP.It also works when the connected Access Point Switch off, WIFI during thebNight,then it search for one of the other Seven I have in use.Only my Problem with KASA without cloud via a Common VPN and a public Port like 443 is not solved.Great StuffThanks and BRScheuerer
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 683

Replies: 3