VR500v Open VPN issues - new firmware download location

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-28 08:24:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I have a Archer VR500v, which i have attempted to create a OpenVPN connection with. When i start the process of setting up the OpenVPN connection the modem gets stuck on 'generating cert'.
I have tried mutiple times, left it overnight, reset to default too. I worked with TPlink support, but they wont release the firmware for the device saying i need to go back to an ISP.
Does anyone know where i can download the new firmware from?
Why does TPlink have the firmware for the VR600v avaialble on their support site but not the VR500v?\

My current firmware is

Hardware Version:Archer VR500v v1 00000000

Firmware Version:2.0.0 0.8.0 v5004.0 Build 180329 Rel.51812n
Options
1 Reply
Re:VR500v Open VPN issues - new firmware download location
2018-08-31 13:50:23
HI I guess you have purchased a customized firmware (ISP) which is special made for Australia. Your router is sent by your isp, right?

tp-link have various customized routers in Australia and those firmware are often supported by ISP. I know a model Archer VR1600v which is customized for TPG Australia. This one is quickly support by both TPG and tp-link. Your one might also be quickly support by your ISP and tp-link too.

According to tp-link's contact, you can try send email to support.au@tp-link.com to ask information of models or contact your ISP
That might help
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1275

Replies: 1

Related Articles