How to configure a TP-Link router to be an access point for a local webserver which does not connect to the internet?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to configure a TP-Link router to be an access point for a local webserver which does not connect to the internet?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-08-28 12:40:32
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I will be walking around campus with my laptop and it WILL NOT be connected to the internet. The webserver is running LMS and Ubuntu 18.04. I have fixed the IP address to static, 192.168.0.200 for the laptop. I want other wireless devices to connect to the webserver, as an intranet by typing in 192.168.0.200.

Being a networking idiot that I am:

[*]Am I looking at a hotspot type of setup or access point?
[*]If access point, how do I set up the AP?
[*]If hotspot, how do I set up the HS?
[*]Is it more complicated like port forwarding or something like that?

The product I have is a TP-LINK 300Mbs Wireless N Nano Router.

Thanks!
Options
2 Reply
help
2018-09-04 08:00:53
This is one of the most common issues of every user, I also face the same issue to connect the internet to my Hp Support support computer, I think that my router is set up automatically but it's not, the problem still not solved, can anyone guide me to solve the issue properly?
Options
Re:How to configure a TP-Link router to be an access point for a local webserver which does not connect to the internet?
2018-10-27 16:05:27
When designing a community wireless network, it helps to separate your rooftop mesh routers from the Access Points (APs) people connect to. In the diagram above, the rooftop routers have antennas that are designed to connect long distances, from rooftop to rooftop. The Access Points are closer to the ground and have antennas that only connect to people’s Wi-Fi devices within a smaller area. Use Mac Data Recovery for instant help regarding mac data recovery.
Options