VR2800 hangs / stops working after connecting USB portable HDD

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-13 09:42:55
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

After connecting my USB portable HDD filled with various movie and backup files, my archer vr2800 would stopped working after a short while. at time of connection, i would be able to see the hosted files on my devices. but after 5 to 15mins, the whole modem would hang. It would even stop working as a modem/router and i would lose internet access and can no longer access the modem website to re-configure anything. only by switching off the modem, unplugging the HDD and rebooting the modem will it revert back to normality. just wondering if this could be due to the media server hanging in the process of cataloging the index of all the files in the HDD. Anyone experienced similar issues and found a workaround to this? many thanks in advance
Options
2 Reply
Re:VR2800 hangs / stops working after connecting USB portable HDD
2018-09-14 21:24:04
It could be your USB HDD is powered from the USB port and is drawing too much current. I have a two external 2.5" external drives and one will power fine from a USB HUB port but the other won't work. If I connect directly to the PC then it works fine.
I only plug in a 64GB USB memory stick into my VR2800 with music on and it works fine.
Options
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 759

Replies: 2