Archer VR900 V3 - DSL Up Time not reset after ppp1 LCP Down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-14 02:59:03
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi!
The other day, I had a line disconnection on my Archer VR900 V3: devices in my home network could talk to each other, but none of them could reach the internet. In that occasion, I could see an error message "ppp1 LCP down" in the log. And still, the "DSL Up Time" counter, which you can find in the Advanced/Status tab, was not reset.
Have you seen this behaviour before? Is this by design, or is it a defect?

Thank you!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer VR900 V3 - DSL Up Time not reset after ppp1 LCP Down
2018-09-18 05:22:38
You'll get those lines of text every time the unit disconnects, it disconnects and the lines you see are the router booting back up,

Thing is what you need to discover is why it disconnected, could be your isp booted you off or a dying unit, chances are it's something in your configurations, try changing you dns to an open source one like Google, you want 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.there are others but these are well known and reliable. hth.
Options
Re:Archer VR900 V3 - DSL Up Time not reset after ppp1 LCP Down
2018-09-19 14:06:54
Thank you, but this doesn't answer my question. I understand that the router disconnected, but I would have expected the "DSL Up Time" to reset, and to start back from zero. Why didn't that happen?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1468

Replies: 2

Related Articles