Deco Trend Micro intrusion detection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-26 02:55:07
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there.

I'm trying to find out some more information about the intrusion detection reported by my deco m5.
I have a WD MyCloud Mirror on the network, and I regularly get an alert saying that a UDP port scan was blocked. This gives the 'attacking' IP address.
Recently though, I had a series of 13 "SSH Brute Force Login" recorded against one of my three Deco M5s.
The only information given is the local IP address of the Deco and it's Mac Address.

Should I be worried about either of these?
Is it even possible to connect via SSH? Is there a default password I should change?
Obviously someone somewhere thinks it is worth trying.

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Matt
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco Trend Micro intrusion detection
2019-06-12 18:55:28

hate to bump an old dead threat but i had two of these today on my m5. i changed my tplink password to a more complex one just to be sure but curious about this and if there are other steps i should take to secure the network.

Options
Re:Re:Deco Trend Micro intrusion detection
2019-06-13 01:39:26

Hi, 

First, give a more complex password is a good method. meanwhile, you can create a more complex wifi password for the Deco and enable the antivirus function. 

Ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2282

Replies: 2

Related Articles