Archer VR600v in IP-Client Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-03 15:30:54
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I would like to use a TP-Link Archer VR600v as a WLAN access-point with VOIP in an existing home network, which has DHCP and internet connectivity.
The home network is 192.168.0.x.

I would like to have the VR600v, including its WLAN and LAN clients all to be in the same subnet.

I selected the operating mode as "WLAN-Router" and selected Internet interface as "bridged". DHCP deactivated. LAN interface set to 192.168.0.5.
WLAN and LAN clients work fine so far. Clients can get DHCP lease and correct routing info.

However, VOIP is NOT working in bridged mode. It seems to try to use the DSL or other WAN interface to register to SIP.
System log says "deactivating SIP, due interface IP 0.0.0.0".

Any possibility to run the VR600v in IP-Client mode (using existing internet connection in LAN), like well know from FB boxes?

Thank you very much.
dripphone
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer VR600v in IP-Client Mode
2020-03-21 16:04:51

Have axact the same problem. Any Ideas?

Options
Re:Archer VR600v in IP-Client Mode
2020-03-23 07:41:20

@dripphone 

dripphone wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,

I would like to use a TP-Link Archer VR600v as a WLAN access-point with VOIP in an existing home network, which has DHCP and internet connectivity.
The home network is 192.168.0.x.

I would like to have the VR600v, including its WLAN and LAN clients all to be in the same subnet.

I selected the operating mode as "WLAN-Router" and selected Internet interface as "bridged". DHCP deactivated. LAN interface set to 192.168.0.5.
WLAN and LAN clients work fine so far. Clients can get DHCP lease and correct routing info.

However, VOIP is NOT working in bridged mode. It seems to try to use the DSL or other WAN interface to register to SIP.
System log says "deactivating SIP, due interface IP 0.0.0.0".

Any possibility to run the VR600v in IP-Client mode (using existing internet connection in LAN), like well know from FB boxes?

Thank you very much.
dripphone

@wolkengold  Hello, If you have the same settings above, the VOIP function will not work, it can not work in that bridged mode.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1098

Replies: 2

Related Articles