Want to buy VR900 V2 VDSL2 Router for use with Sky Fibre

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-07 16:56:31
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all,I'm interested in buying an AC1900 Wireless Gigabit VDSL/ADSL Modem Router Archer VR900 V2 to replace my Sky Router. Can anyone confirm that the latest firmware update includes the the option for Sky VDSL in the service provider options? I've heard for V1 of the router you need a specific version of the firmware as the latest for that model doesn't have it (see http://taupila.co.uk/blog/2016/04/17/replace-sky-router/).Thanks
Options
2 Reply
Re:Want to buy VR900 V2 VDSL2 Router for use with Sky Fibre
2018-10-07 20:52:56
DON'T!

The FW is ancient on them,

I'd love to recommend you a unit but I can't, not from any of the firms that make one right now, best choice for not too much is a VR600 and even this is lagging behind support wise, read up on Asus and Netgear and you won't want one of theirs either,

With Sky you need to make sure the router can be set up for it, I know it does VDSL but not sure if full blown cable is supported, plus some ISP's make it impossible you you to use anything other than the supplied unit, normally by withholding the connection info from you,

hth.
Options
Re:Want to buy VR900 V2 VDSL2 Router for use with Sky Fibre
2018-10-08 00:08:55
Ok, thanks. Getting really fed up with the Sky standard router. It's so unreliable and I've heard of some users having much better performance with the VR900. It's a fibre connection, not cable. Not sure if that makes a difference? In regard to the password and settings it's possible to obtain by jumping through a few hoops

Hannibal Lackluster wrote

DON'T!The FW is ancient on them,I'd love to recommend you a unit but I can't, not from any of the firms that make one right now, best choice for not too much is a VR600 and even this is lagging behind support wise, read up on Asus and Netgear and you won't want one of theirs either,With Sky you need to make sure the router can be set up for it, I know it does VDSL but not sure if full blown cable is supported, plus some ISP's make it impossible you you to use anything other than the supplied unit, normally by withholding the connection info from you, hth.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 883

Replies: 2

Related Articles