Archer VR900 V2 Does not connect to internet in wireless router mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-09 03:19:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Good day,

I have a standard Talk Talk broadband router which I am currently using as a modem only (wireless switched off as its' useless which is why I bought the Archer VR900 V2)

I would like to connect my Archer VR900 V2 router to my Talk Talk router and use the Archer VR900 for wireless access to the internet.

I have followed the brief instructions given in the setup guide, connecting the Archer VR900 V2 via the WAN/LAN4 port using an ethernet cable to an open network port on the Talk Talk router. Clients connecting wirelessly to the Archer VR900 V2 are not able to connect to the internet. If I unplug the ethernet cable from the WAN/LAN4 port and plug it into any of the other ports the clients gain access to the internet.

Unfortunately running with this setup means I lose time sync capabilities and the parent control features do not work.

Does anyone know how to get this setup working as advertised?

Thanks
Antony
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer VR900 V2 Does not connect to internet in wireless router mode
2019-01-24 09:10:02

Have you ever setup the connection in wireless router mode?

I suppose that there would be setup like what you do in DSL model. for example, setup a dynamic connection or pppoe connection

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1157

Replies: 1