Can't access shared folders via SMB with VR900

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-10-17 09:43:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there - First post here.

For the last couple of years on my home network I've used a Netgear R7000 and it worked very well indeed. It recently had an electrical failure so I had to get a new router, and that was a D-Link of some model but it was pretty unreliable so I returned it and got a TP-Link Archer VR900. The wireless seems fairly reliable so far, but with the previous two routers I could access my shared folders (on this W10 pc) with my Kodi (Libreelec version) box under the telly. All the various settings are as they were before and they worked just fine.
But with this new TP-Link router (only change) the Kodi box simply will not get access to this pc. Attached is the way the sharing is set-up.

I tried this link - https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-1203.html
But no change.

Any suggestions?
File:
LE2 (1).jpgDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:Can't access shared folders via SMB with VR900
2018-10-19 05:09:16
I've partly solved the problem - I ran some network cables through the house to this pc, to the router, and then to the Kodi box. Previously this pc was wireless to the router. Anyway it now works.
Options