Issue Windows 10 systems vs. Deco M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-11-04 19:49:11
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

I've got a pretty annoying issue with my installed Deco M5 system. I've got 3 Deco M5 units installed in my house, installed in a star-setup (as desribed on this forum), all connected trough a Cat6 ethernetcable.

All works fine, but...

All of our windows 10 devices (3 laptops) can connect wireless to the Deco's main wireless network, but they can't get trough to the internet. All other devices (several ipad, iphone and android devices) got no issues with that. The strange thing is when I set u a guest-network and make the Windows 10 devices connect to that guest-network, they instantly can connect to the internet (but obviously not to the devices connected to the local netork, such as printers and NAS). So the guest-network works exactly as it should. Connecting the Win10 devices wirered to the Deco's (main-network) results in the same problem.

So, when I connect Windows 10 laptops tot the main network of te Deco (wireless or wired), I can get to the devices in the local network, but not to the internet. When I connect the same devices to the Guest-network, I get internet, but no local devices. The guest network works exactly as it should, the main-network does not, while there is no internet connetion available.

TP-Link support in the Netherlands told me this is not an Deco issue, but an issue with my modem. I was told to bring the modem in bridge-mode, so the Deco does all the DHCP work. I did just that, but it doesn't solve the problem. In my opinion the modem is not the problem, but the Deco's are, while connected to the guest-network, internet works just fine.

Anyone any suggestions how to get internet working on my Win10 devices through the main Deco network?

Kind regards.
Options
8 Reply
Re:Issue Windows 10 systems vs. Deco M5
2018-11-16 00:18:05

I saw this in the old forum, but couldn't reply due to the forum changee (TP-link really need to update the announcement of the move to show that home stuff has now relocated too!)

There's really not enough information to go on here to work our what might be going wrong with your setup.  Windows 10 devices work fine on my Deco system - and probably most others.  So the question is what is different in your setup?  Are you getting a valid DHCP address and information (router, DNS settings, etc) from the Deco? perhaps post the results of 'ipconfig /all' so we can compare.   Are you able to run a tracert from one of the Windows 10 boxes to somthing on the internet?  (ie: tracert www.ibm.com ) and post the first few lines (to see if traffic is going the right way ie: through the deco) 

I saw a network issue years ago where more than one DHCP server was active on a network and some systems would take the first reply and others the last.  Similar things also happen if you have an IP address conflict (say, Deco on a fixed IP which is the same as another device or modem) and ARP responses are processed differently by different systems.

Hope some of that might help.

Options
2019-01-10 09:33:00

Make sure those Windows10 computers are not blocked. Check blacklist.

Disable fast roaming.

Options
2019-02-06 11:50:35

Hi,

DId you manage to solve the issue.

Exact same issue here and I'm out of idea's on how to fix...

Options
2019-02-22 01:14:25

Same problem here.

Installed system earlier today.  Was running great and I was loving life with the throughput. 

Performed Firmware update on Deco and not all 3 of my Windows 10 computers come up with warning IP Confict and won't get on internet.   Connect to guest network and no problems.

Other devices are not connection as reliably to normal secure network, but connect very well to guest network.

WISH I COULD GO BACK TO BEFORE THE UPDATE!  CAN I?

Options
Re:Re:Issue Windows 10 systems vs. Deco M5
2019-03-03 04:34:37

The Deco does not support roll back the firmware, you can try to turn off these special settings on the Deco, it may help.

fast roaming, device priority, the home care funtion parental control

Options
2019-12-03 18:32:55

@AlexanderH what helped immediately was turnig off secondary deco unit. So i set on Win10 wifi card lowest aggressivenes and now i will see if this helped forever :-)

Options
2019-12-03 18:34:49
.. Lowest roaming aggressiveness..
Options
2021-04-15 03:42:25

@remcob 

Hi, 

I had the same issue. Here what I did to resolve the issue. Enter DECO app -> More -> Antivirus (under Homecare), disable the antivirus. Reboot the M5 main deco, and after that Windows 10 computers able to connect to M5 (wireless). 

Ignatius

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4582

Replies: 8