Having trouble getting into 192.168.1.1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-06 17:08:29
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8980

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have posted this thread before but I can't see it anywhere so I apologize if it is duplicated? :(

I updated from a TD-W8960 to a TD-W8980 for the ability to access a NAS AND USB hard drives at reasonable speeds.

When I type 192.168.1.1 it putsw me into login account admin PW admin but then I get a blank screen. I have tried everything I can think off but can't get any further. I confirmed my desktop is attached to LAN1.

When I connected the new modem, Windows 7 64 bit highjacked my installation. I am on the net quite happily but cannot TCIP to the modem to setup my SSID etc. I need this to get my iPhone, iPad, laptop and media player on the network.

It setup the default SSIDs but I don't know their passwords so can't even use them in the meanwhile. I would like to setup the SSID I had on the TD-W8960 so my other devices can connect to the network. I used the old modem happily for years and only updated to get the USB facility and faster access to my NAS (Gigabit).

I have tried all the suggested avenues but cannot loginto the modem.

Help please.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Having trouble getting into 192.168.1.1
2013-06-07 10:16:53
Hi, louwin.
Try the following mode.
1. Reset the modem by holding the reset button for 10 seconds when the modem is still powered on.
2. Try to login 192.168.1.1 by different web browsers or another computer.
If you still cannot login, refer to this FAQ to double check the settings: http://www.tp-link.com/en/article/?faqid=84

If still the same, you can test if you can ping the modem on the computer.
If you cannot ping it, the modem may be a faulty one.
Options
Re:Having trouble getting into 192.168.1.1
2013-06-07 12:24:39
Thanks Stella :)

Used Internet Explorer and worked first time :)

Having problems connecting with my iPad but hopefully that will sort itself out with a bit of messing about....
Options