Mac spoofing option missing ! Can't assign new ip address due to this ! HELP!!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-06-07 01:05:15
Region : Argentina

Model : TD-W8961nd

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 3.0.0 Build 120524 Rel.05221

ISP :

Hey people,
I bought TP-Link W8961nd considering it got mac spoofing but I have found that it is not there !
"Help" section in routers' s firmware clearing says it got mac spoofing in "Interface setup > internet > mac spoofing " ,see screenshot below

But it is nowhere to be found , I am hovering into all the available options on the firmware for the last 30 minutes!

Here is screenie ( there is nothing below "multicast" , according to the "Help" page , it must have to be there!)

Except this small niggle (which is a big one for me ! Since router gonna be useless if I couldn't spoof mac address ) router seems perfect !

Please help me out , I wanna get assigned new isp ip address to my brand new tp link router ! But I couldn't because of this

Thanks !
Options
6 Reply
Re:Mac spoofing option missing ! Can't assign new ip address due to this ! HELP!!
2013-06-07 10:33:19
Hi, to get assigned new isp ip address to brand new tp link router, do you get some information from the new ISP, such as username, password, VPI, VCI and connection type?
If you have got these information, you can do Quick Start settings to set it up without configuring MAC spoofing.
Options
Re:Mac spoofing option missing ! Can't assign new ip address due to this ! HELP!!
2013-06-07 11:40:34

stella wrote

Hi, to get assigned new isp ip address to my brand new tp link router, do you get some information from the new ISP, such as username, password, VPI, VCI and connection type?
If you have got these information, you can do Quick Start settings to set it up without configuring MAC spoofing.

Yup, I have everything! But I still need mac spoofing because my isp had bind my account to that mac address only.
Options
2013-06-08 09:58:54
Yep, right. Maybe V3 does not support mac spoofing since you cannot find it on the modem.
You may exchange V3 to V2 for a try. Or you can contact with TP-Link support to double check which model can support mac spoofing.
Options
2013-06-08 17:17:01

stella wrote

Yep, right. Maybe V3 does not support mac spoofing since you cannot find it on the modem.
You may exchange V3 to V2 for a try. Or you can contact with TP-Link support to double check which model can support mac spoofing.

Come on ! I bought it because it supports mac spoofing. Even it is mentioned in help page about "mac spoofing" . Exchanging is extra hassle that I don't want!

Seriously, why did they removed mac spoofing even though it is newer version ! They should have added new features instead of removing some !

Can you spoof mac through telnet ?
Options
2013-06-08 17:57:29
Hi, ChairmanSaab.
I had the same problem as you before. After contacting TP-LINK support, they told me that V3 does not support mac spoofing.
What a pity.
Options
2013-06-09 14:00:39

moon wrote

Hi, ChairmanSaab.
I had the same problem as you before. After contacting TP-LINK support, they told me that V3 does not support mac spoofing.
What a pity.

That is ridiculous, router is useless now ! I hate TP-LINK !!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 558

Replies: 6