TP-LINK TD-W8960N - Needing to add a USB HDD server.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2012-11-09 07:09:14
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V3

Firmware Version : 1.4.0 Build 111130 Rel.55990n

ISP : BT Broadband

Hi all,

Needing a little help with a problem i've got. Just got myself a new Modem/Router (TD-W8960N), and it wasn't until I had it all up and running that I realised it didn't have USB port on the back. Doh!!

Anyways, I was wondering how I could go about fixing this? I stumbled upon this (TP-Link TD-8817) on Amazon and wasn't sure if I could attach this to it in bridged mode or something. This has the USB socket I need. If this was all I needed, how do they connect together? I have a BT connection btw.

Also, I have a Justop Android 4.0 TV Box (media player). Would this be able to see the HDD for streaming movies.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer me.

Regards, Marco
Options
2 Reply
Re:TP-LINK TD-W8960N - Needing to add a USB HDD server.
2012-11-09 08:00:19
the TD-W8960N has no USB port, in addition, the USB port on TD-8817 is used to act as a LAN port connecting PCs instead of USB drive...As to modem router which supports USB sharing and media sever, Now it seems TP-LINK only have TD-W8968. maybe you need to attach another router which supports such a function to the modem.
Options
Re:TP-LINK TD-W8960N - Needing to add a USB HDD server.
2013-01-03 01:34:48
I had a similar problem with an old router from different manufacturer.. I wont post the link to the product but if you search for Belkin usb network hub you'll find something that will help you do what you want to do without replacing your TP Link equipment :) PM me if you want more details
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 556

Replies: 2