iMessage issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

iMessage issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
iMessage issues
iMessage issues
2012-11-22 03:33:12
Region : UnitedKingdom

Model : TD-W8960N

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 110620

ISP : BE Broadband

Hi

Hope you can help I have an issue sending pictures via iMessage on iOS.

iPad to iPad is fine.*
iPad to iPhone is fine.*
iPhone to iPhone not working.*
iPhone to iPad not working.*

Affects both 4s's.*

They both work via 3G & also via wifi in other locations. It's just home on the 8960n where the issue arises.

Putting one in the DMZ works.
Opening the ports manually does not work ( and needed for multiple devices in any case )
Options
5 Reply
Re:iMessage issues
2012-11-22 09:15:18
you have put the iPad's IP address in the DMZ? Have you put the iPhone's IP address in the DMZ too?
Options
2012-11-22 10:07:36
DMZ host IP is only for one entry. You may try to reduce the MTU size or disable WMM on the 8960N.
Options
2012-11-23 05:18:36

sandy wrote

you have put the iPad's IP address in the DMZ? Have you put the iPhone's IP address in the DMZ too?

The iPad works. So no I haven't put the iPad in the Dmz.

Yes as I said the iPhones work when in the Dmz.

Where is WMM?

MTU is 1500 which is what my ip provider is, so I don't know how that will affect things.
Options
2012-11-23 05:32:13
WMM doesn't fix it. All that does is stop the iPads connecting to the wifi. For now I have left my wife's iPhone in the DMZ as I can receive pics when away from home.
Options
2012-11-23 10:17:37
yes, i think it's none business of WMM, because you can connect to the router, suppose maybe the imessage is a special service which need open some ports on router to support
Inquire MAC support about that , make sure whether we need to open port on router for their apple.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 696

Replies: 5