Archer C8 WiFi dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C8 WiFi dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C8 WiFi dropping
Archer C8 WiFi dropping
2018-11-17 13:41:39

I upgraded to a Archer C8 and have had to go back to my old router because the wifi connection lags on the C8.  This is most frustrating when playing games over the internet and my connection lags and pauses for a few seconds then comes back.  Is there a fix for this? I only upgraded to the C8 because it was rated as the best budget wifi router for gaming.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C8 WiFi dropping
2019-08-10 15:09:35

Hello,

I have the same problem, wifi is working fine for about a year now, and as a sudden all clients are disconnected randomly since a week.

trying to reconnect on Windows is Leading to a 'can't connect to this network', the only solution I found so faris switchOff/on

all wired clients are still connected Ok, and same issue with 2.4 or 5G band.

I'm using the latest update, tried to go back to the previous one with no better luck.

is that an Hardware issue or ??

any hint would be appreciated...

as it is still under warranty for a couple of weeks, I'll send it for repair if no solution

Olivier

Options
Re:Re:Archer C8 WiFi dropping
2019-08-12 06:23:17

@Olivier78 

Thanks for your clarification. 

So the current issue is that the wireless connection will lose internet, both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, and you need reboot the router to make it work; while the wired device still works well, right? 

What is the led status of the Archer C8 at that time? You still can see the wireless network name but failed to connect to them with the error message, right? 

Have you ever tried to change some wireless settings yet? Including wireless channel and channel width. For example, change channel of 2.4GHz to 1, 6 or 11, channel width to 20Mhz; for 5GHz, use channel 36, 40 and 44, channel width 80MHz; 

Besides, you can try to hard reset the router to give it a go as well. 

There is a guidance you can refer to to narrow down the issue as well: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2237/  

Nice day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Archer C8 WiFi dropping
2019-08-12 06:42:58

many thanks for your guidance, I'll try step by step and report back here results, but not before 2 weeks from now,as I'm abroad currently.

Olivier

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C8 WiFi dropping
2019-08-13 01:35:16

@Olivier78 

That is okay, do not worry about that, you can reply to us when you are available. 

Right now you can enjoy your trip. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C8 WiFi dropping
2019-08-25 16:19:42

Hello,

as modifying parameters didn't help, I decided to go for a factory reset...so far sogood !

more than one day without problem

thanks 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Archer C8 WiFi dropping
2019-08-26 01:01:26

@Olivier78 

Thanks for your reply, glad to hear that it works well now. 

You can take more time to verify its performance. 

Any further problem, please let us know. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2061

Replies: 6