Archer C1200 wired LAN speed decay

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-11-26 16:05:25

Hello all!

I bought Archer C1200 (V2.0) last month to organize my local network at home for sharing files between the computers.

Unfortunately, after installation I found out that cable LAN speed was only 500 Mbit/s instead of 1 Gbit/s.

The strange thing is that the speed is cut off sharply at this level, so it seems like there is some restriction being active.

I checked the speed by both sending big file via SMB and using iPerf. Same results.

I tried changing cables, resetting my router and checked for any of the limitations in the router settings, but the problem remains.

Moreover, I connected my two computers directly and the transfer speed between them was close to 1 Gbit/s, that's why I'm sure the issue is in the router.

There is one more interesting fact: when I turned off "hardware NAT" option on my router, I gained about 100 Mbit/s more to the overall speed, making it close to 600 Mbit/s (560 Mbit/s sharply).

Could anyone advise me on how to fix this strange problem and achieve 1 Gbit/s?

Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C1200 wired LAN speed decay
2018-12-17 15:30:09

I have exactly the same problem, could anyone advise how to handle this? As it's important for me to have stable and fast access to the Internet, I'm working a lot via Internet, it's primary for me - as I need to write my thesis fast as a deadline is really close. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1069

Replies: 1

Related Articles