Connecting IP camera to Deco M9 impossible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connecting IP camera to Deco M9 impossible

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
31 Reply
Re:Re:Re:Connecting IP camera to Deco M9 impossible
2018-12-27 15:43:29

Yes, that looks like I would like to see it as well! And mine is also 1.7.7 dated 2018, but no possibilities, as you can see.

Pity, I have chosen the M9 because it was shown on the site of TP as being the newest and best type, with the most options and possibilities and ways to fine-tune the system.

But if M9 doesn't even have this (as I see it) simple and basically needed option it's actually a waist of money..... and with the many appliances and machines that do not work with 5.0 it is really essential to be able to make a choice!

TP-Link, if there's anybody reading these posts, how about updating the M9-systems with this option or make an app specially for the M9 with these choices as well?????

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Connecting IP camera to Deco M9 impossible
2018-12-27 16:51:24

Guess what????

I got a firmware update for my system about 15 minutes ago and now I have these options as well.

Will try to connect my camera tomorrow and let you know whether I succeeded!

Options
Re:Connecting IP camera to Deco M9 impossible
2018-12-28 10:19:21

Yes, it works!

Thank you very much, Barry, for your help and patience!

Options
Re:Re:Connecting IP camera to Deco M9 impossible
2019-08-17 16:32:08

Hi Helga,

I just installed a new Deco M9 and I am trying to set up my existing Foscam IP camera, need some help -

1) are you using your Deco as Router or AP?

2) if you are using Deco as Router, how did you mamage to "detect" the Foscam? I tried to connect a network cable directly between Deco and Foscam but "Equipment Search Tool" cannot find the Foscam. Prior to using Deco M9, I had another router "ASUS" and was able to set up multiple successful Foscam before.

3) any other tips which can help to detect and connect Deco to Foscam.

Regards,

Rick

Options
Re:Re:Re:Connecting IP camera to Deco M9 impossible
2019-08-21 03:43:16

@RChang 

Hi Rick, 

What is the current network topology/diagram? How do you connect these devices together?

With Foscam connected to the Deco by wired cable, click here to verify the IP and gateway obtained by the camera. 

Meanwhile, is the Equipment Search Tool in the same subnet with the Foscam?

Besides, is there any port forwarding need to be open for the camera? 

It is suggested to contact the tech support of the camera to get some suggestion so that we can make it on the Deco to make it work. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Connecting IP camera to Deco M9 impossible-Solution
2019-08-22 06:53:11 - last edited 2019-08-23 01:39:51

@Kevin,

Problem solved. For some reason when I plugged in the wire to the IPCam, Deco App on iPhone does NOT pick it up. I have to use an app from Foscam to scan and connect to the Deco Wifi (must turn off Deco's 5Ghz Wifi at this step). Once Foscam is connected to Deco Wifi, the rest is easy. 

Regards,

Rick

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:Connecting IP camera to Deco M9 impossible
2019-08-23 01:39:26

@RChang 

Thanks for your reply, glad to hear that you got it resolved. Congrats. 

Now you can enjoy the internet with the Deco mesh network.

If need any further help in the future, do not hesitate to contact us. 

Have a nice day. 

Options
2020-01-12 11:46:31

@BarryTreeg  I have a similar issue with my M4 mesh set up and 3 Ctronics cctv cameras. They are 2.4GHz only so I tried connecting to the guest network with 5GHz signal switched off. It didn't make any noticeable difference. When I open the camera app I sometimes get all 3 connecting immediately but usually only 1 or 2, in spite of the cameras being very close to an M4 beacon. The signal is strong so it's the inconsistency of the connection that's baffling me. It was very reliable with my old modem/router. 

Options
Re:Re:Re:Re:Connecting IP camera to Deco M9 impossible
2020-04-08 14:33:00 - last edited 2020-04-08 14:35:00

@RChang 

One thing peope reading this for help need to remember is after connecting your camera to the WIRED network (either plugging into the main or slave RJ45) on the app you need to 'pull the screen down' to refresh the list of connected devices or have the notification setting for "New Device Detected' to enabled, and 'click' the notification.

The app does not auto refresh when new devices are connected, thus giving the appearance that the new device has not connected when in fact it has.

RChang wrote

@Kevin,

Deco App on iPhone does NOT pick it up. 

Regards,

Rick

Options
2020-04-08 17:16:38

@Helga 

Also, for anyone looking to get this system working properly, here is a tip I learned the hard way.  Do not use a power filtering device to plug any of the P9's into.

No UPS,   No powerstrip.

These devices filter the power and remove powerline functionality.

I had mine plugged into a UPS thinking I would keep my network up during intermittent power issues, but discovered that this is stops the powerline from functioning.

Plugged into a regular outlet and everyting worked great.

Still would like to have some kind of confirmation from the software or a LED on the plug like the M7, but from speed testing, I know it is working.

Options
Related Articles