VR600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

VR600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
VR600
VR600
2018-12-17 06:57:25 - last edited 2018-12-17 09:56:24

I have device called "X" - which I want him to have internet access but NO LAN ACCESS to lan devices.

I have device called "printer" - which i want her to have access to lan devices but no access to internet or from internet.

I have device called xiaomi - which is connected vs wireless and i want him to have access to internet but No LAN Access to devices.

How can i accomplish it using vr600? 

On the old models like 1043nd(v1) it was simple, there were "host", "targets" and "rules", with vr600 i cant find myself ;-)

Thanks for your help! :)

Options
3 Reply
Re:VR600
2018-12-17 08:01:29
The access control on 1043 is totally different from that on VR600. So that's tricky. How about guest network? You can connect the xiaomi and X to guest network then diable "Allow Guests to Access My Local Network". For the printer, just assign a static IP address in the same subnet as the router, but leave gateway blank; or put it in blacklist
Options
Re:Re:VR600
2018-12-17 08:54:05

Hi Anton,

Thank you for your help! :-)

Regarding the guest network, thats a nice idea! but i think its mean more wifi radiation as another wifi network will be in the house.

Regarding the printer - you mean to change the gateway inside the printer control panel itself or there is a way to do that via the router?

Regarding the blacklist function of the router - does it blacklist it from internet access or from lan access?

Thank you again for your kind help!

Options
Re:Re:Re:VR600
2018-12-18 02:43:05
Change inside the printer panel. There are access control and parental controls. You can use either one to block device from internet. Whether it will block from LAN access, I don't think so but I may be wrong. You can try it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 698

Replies: 3

Related Articles