HS110 Red status light on all devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-20 08:38:26

Hi,

Just noticed recently that my HS110 smart plugs keep getting a red status light and the only way to resolve this is to turn the device off and on again, will stay connected for about 12 hours.

Wifi is strong in each of the areas I have the devices one device is just on the other side of the room with the router. I did notice though that on my modem/router supplied by my ISP that on one screen that lists the devices on the network the devices have the same IP. I looked at the more advanced view and noticed that they do get different IPs but the MAC address only has 2 characters that are different and they all have the same device name.

I have set them to have static IPs via the MAC address on the router with x.x.x.100 - x.x.x.104. I have since reduced the number of devices to 2 and it still happens, but it was fine with just one device no matter where that device was in the house.

My modem/router is Netgear Telstra Gateway Max C6300BD-1TLAUS

Options
4 Reply
Re: HS110 Red status light on all devices
2018-12-20 10:33:53

Check if firmware updated.

If yes, I would suggest you contact tplink tec support.

Options
2018-12-21 01:14:18
Try resetting one to factory settings and setting up again. That helped when i had issues on one of my plugs
Options
2018-12-21 05:53:42

Firmware is updated on all of them, will try a factory reset and see how that goes.

Options
Re:Re: HS110 Red status light on all devices
2018-12-22 21:19:21
Resetting devices has not work, so have put in a support request. I have noticed that the Hardware versions on the label on the device and the version shown in the Kasa App are different, not sure if this has anything to do with it but have made a note of that in the support request. Will now just wait and see what the outcome will be.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1873

Replies: 4