Server DHCP starting IPs lost on power fail (M5 Deco Fw 1.2.4) - Please Fix it !!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Server DHCP starting IPs lost on power fail (M5 Deco Fw 1.2.4) - Please Fix it !!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-23 11:26:49

I have set of six M5 Decos with a Main Deco working as Router and I have reserved DHCP IPs from 200 to 255 while I use from 0 to 199 with static IP.

On power reset the Main Deco DHCP IPs reset to the default values (from 100 to 255) and the other Decos are getting IP 100-101 and so on as far as they are free.

But these IPs in my case are used also by other devices as static IP and they must not be used by Decos.

It is even not possible to add a static IP to the Decos or even reserve them an IP from the app.

This is very frustrating since I have my house automation based on fixed Ip and if power fail, the whole house is not proprerly working .. I need to reset all Decos and also all devices wich have the same IP of the Decos.

If I am out of house my wife is getting very angry.

Please Fix it soon and also give the possibility to set a static IP to the Decos !!

Regards

Lorenzo

Options
2 Reply
Re:Server DHCP starting IPs lost on power fail (M5 Deco Fw 1.2.4) - Please Fix it !!
2018-12-24 09:19:59
Hi Lerenzo, for this case, please check what's the topology of your netowrk? How did you establish the netowrk in your situation, just simple like from modem to Deco and the other deco is wireles connected to the main router? Or there are some other equipment in the network? Would you mind just use the simple topology to establish the mesh network and then setup the IP range and power off all the deco and power on it agian, let's see if the problem are still there.
Options
Re:Server DHCP starting IPs lost on power fail (M5 Deco Fw 1.2.4) - Please Fix it !!
2018-12-29 06:14:59 - last edited 2018-12-29 09:35:37

I realise this is probably just a typo in your post, but just in case:  The address range you mention in your post is invalid. You cannot actually issue address 255 - it is reserved for network broadcast. If you are actually trying to use the range mentioned in the post it may be failing some check and being ignored.  Try a range of 200-250 instead to be sure.  

Note similarly that the default values are 100-250. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 607

Replies: 2