Archer VR900 can’t handle multiple clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-28 13:52:03

I have a archer vr900 connected to an ADSL2+ connection 17/1.5mbps, but this router really struggles to keep all my devices connected at the same time. There aren’t many, but looks like it’s enough to kill the entire connection even when the devices are not being used.

to able able to watch a YouTube clip on my Apple TV I basically need to login into my router look for clients connected and block every single device on the network but the Apple TV, if I turn one other device back on, everything stops... 

its really irritating, specially since the crappy netgear modem that came with my internet subscription can actually do a better job at it...

the reason I’ve invested in a new “better” modem was to see if I could squeeze a bit more speed out of my ADSL, but it gets really frustrating when you have to keep turning things on and off all the time so you can browse the internet... most of the time I find myself tethering the 4G connection of my phone to my Mac so I can actually navigate the web and my kid watch a cartoon on Netflix at the same time.

has anyone experienced the same thing? Is there a fix for it?

i have the latest firmware, and fully reset the factory settings on it about 432x.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer VR900 can’t handle multiple clients
2018-12-29 09:07:02
Hey mate, Who is your internet service provider, how many devices need to connect to the VR900? Only wifi have problem or both wifi and hardwired connection will drop internet? If only wireless issue, you can try to change some settings.
Options
2020-01-12 02:03:04
We've had a v similar issue. As soon as more than one wireless device connects, the whole internet grind to a halt. As a web developer with 3 kids, well ... It's been doing my head in to put it mildly. I'm not sure but I MIGHT have just fixed it. As I get a headache from the 5Ghz wireless setting, I simply have that disabled anyway, but even still, the dropout issue was there. So, what I've done is : 1. create an entirely new SSID name for the 5g wireless setting 2. set 2.4 Ghz to wireless n only, high transmit power 3. set 5 Ghz to wireless ac only, low power My current theory is that this modem is such a piece of sh*t, that any setting in the 2.4/5Ghz frequencies that overlap will cause the thing to spaz out. Thus, I'm separating them entirely to avoid any conflict in the ethers. If you have no issue with 5Ghz, and prefer to use this , then you could reverse the settings accordingly. So far so good.
Options
2020-01-12 11:33:07
alas, issue persists.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1373

Replies: 3

Related Articles