Can not connect TL-WR802N in client mode to Iphone 6S

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-12-30 13:20:57

Hi,

I have an iPhone 6s (model mkqp2zd/a) with an unlimited data bundle. When set the TL-WR802N to client mode and enter the SSID and Password, nothing happens. I have tried the same steps several times. It just won;t connect.

When I test the same steps to my brother's WIFI, is connects first try.

Why does this not work?

Pieter

Options
3 Reply
Re:Can not connect TL-WR802N in client mode to Iphone 6S
2019-01-04 06:43:37
Have you tried other operation mode, such as range extender mode?
Options
Re:Re:Can not connect TL-WR802N in client mode to Iphone 6S
2019-05-31 06:19:17

I have the same problem and in range extender mode it still cannot provide an internet service from the iphone 6s hotspot connection.

I looked at the US tplink Forum and they suggested a firmware upgrade but it wad only for us models of this router!!

Options
Re:Re:Re:Can not connect TL-WR802N in client mode to Iphone 6S
2019-06-01 02:12:12

Hi,

The 802N is used to connect to the common wifi network to extend the wifi range, for the cellphone hotspot, due to the mechanism varies and the limitations as different manufacturers, we cannot ensure that they will work together or the performance.

While if you bought it already, you can give it a go; Below is the instruction: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1324/

Note: Please use the hotspot password to configure it. 

Meanwhile, you can try to change some wifi settings of hotspot to give it a go. 

Good day. 

Bucko wrote

I have the same problem and in range extender mode it still cannot provide an internet service from the iphone 6s hotspot connection.

I looked at the US tplink Forum and they suggested a firmware upgrade but it wad only for us models of this router!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1153

Replies: 3