HS105 Smart Plug - not responding after adding second plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-01 00:43:28

Hello,

Having an odd issue here - I have two of the TP Link HS105 Smart Plugs.

I previously had these working perfectly - one has my Christmas tree on it, the other has some other decorations.

I was playing around with IFTTT with linking the TP Link account to IFTTT and this is where it all started to go sidewards.

I've since removed the TP Link account from the IFTTT app but the problems persist.

I have just the two plugs.  They're both showing up under Devices in the Kasa app.

I can turn toggle one on without any issue, but any attempts to toggle the second one fail.  If I remove it and re-add (by resetting the plug, reconnecting to WiFi, etc...) then that plug will begin to function and the formerly functional plug will cease to work.  

They're both showing up under my DHCP leases so they're on the network.  Oddly, I can't ping the unit that stops working.  

Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

Options
6 Reply
Re:HS105 Smart Plug - not responding after adding second plug
2019-01-01 00:47:34

Quick update here - 

When unplugging and re-plugging in the outlet with the Christmas village connected, it begins to work and it's the Christmas tree that stops working.  

.161 works, can't ping .162

Unplug and plug-in .162 - it starts working, can't ping .161

Options
Re:Re:HS105 Smart Plug - not responding after adding second plug
2019-01-09 08:23:11

How about firmware? 

Could it be the router blocking it?

Options
2019-01-20 00:49:06

Can't see why the router is blocking it.  All on the local network.  It was all working fine until I tried adding in ITTT to the mix.  

Frimware is up to date on both plugs.

Options
2019-02-17 01:12:09

A new firmware was made available to 'improve WiFi' stability issues which I've installed.

Still having the same problems.  

Only one of my outlets will work at a time.  If I reset the one that doesn't connect, it will be the one to work and the other will be inaccessible.  

They're both showing up in my DHCP address leases, I can only ping one at a time. The second one times out when pinging.  

This is odd.

Options
2019-08-17 00:55:50

Still having these issues, I can only use one of the plugs on my network at a time.

Also, disappointed about the recent Homekit news.  So, can we save my plugs here or should I just recycle them?  

Options
Re:Re:HS105 Smart Plug - not responding after adding second plug
2019-08-17 12:36:40

It's almost certainly a problem with your network.  Do you have a mesh or any access points?  Any static or reserved IPs  in the network or in the router setup?

AutomationManager: Secure home automation without relying on cloud servers.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1836

Replies: 6