Change settings on a Deco system.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-13 11:23:35

Hello,

i’ve looked at all the 21 pages with topics but i can’t find the answers to my questions. 

Yesterday i installed a Deco m5 configuration at a friends house. It seems the only way to change the settings is in the app on the phone. Is this really the only way or do the have a webinterface aswell? The settings on th eapp are very limited in my opinion. 

If i want to use it in router mode i have to see more settings otherwise this option is useless for me. 

Can you allready see if the Deco uses 2.4 or 5ghz? And can you see if the wired backhaul works correctly?

Thanks in advance for the replys. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Change settings on a Deco system.
2019-01-15 05:32:48

The only way to change settings is through Deco App. There may be a web interface soon. 

Currently the App cannot show whether it's using Wi-Fi Ethernet as backhaul, but it will be available in the next firmware as I was told.

Options
Re:Re:Change settings on a Deco system.
2019-01-15 10:25:01 - last edited 2019-01-15 10:39:11

Thank you for your reply.

It seems to me that TPLink promises more than they actualy put in the system.

A system that can work as a router and you almost can't change a setting is pretty useless to me

The account that you have to make is a negative thing for me to, why not let the user choose?

After reviewing the Deco it looks like there are much more negative things than positive and this is not the system for me.

For my friends house it should be fine. I'll look further for the Orbi i think.

Thanks again for your reply.

Options
Re:Change settings on a Deco system.
2020-05-29 20:35:05

Hi @Anton L.Z. 

Thanks for your reply, I have checked the deco app for the wifi channel, but I haven't found it anywhere.

So we probably have to wait for TP-LINK to put it in a firmware release

Options