Frequently Change Wireless Channel Settings

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-14 15:40:47 - last edited 2020-09-17 05:55:03
Model: TL-WR720N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have an old TP-Link router with single antenna, I faced a small issue my Laptop was not connecting WIFI and didn't show the router connections name from the taskbar icon. 
After surfing on the Internet, I got the solution 

1. Visit TP link website http://192.168.0.1/
  2. On Left sidebar Wireless => Wireless Setting
  3. Then change the channel setting from 13 to 11 

I thought this issue occurs when my ISP (Internet Service Provider) changes the setting. 

I usually used a VPN because of remote desktop working in these COVID19 circumstances, so I get this VPN and configure it on my system. 

System: HP (Intel Core i7), 8gb RAM, 1 TB hard disk, 3rd generation

Query: Why I have to change the channel setting from the TP-link website? is this problem occur because of ISP or connecting a desktop VPN.  Need a detailed suggestion on how can I fix this issue permanently as at times it's annoying much to fix it.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Frequently Change Wireless Channel Settings-Solution
2020-09-17 05:54:58 - last edited 2020-09-17 05:55:03

@Jeff_Max 

Hello, thanks for asking.

Generally, if you leave the wireless channel as AUTO on the WR720N, it will switch to different channels automatically if it detects the current channel is too crowded to give you a better wireless performance.

You may try a mobile app to analyze the WiFi around you, review all the wireless channels. Next, review the channels on the router. If the channels match that around you, an indication of overcrowded. Manually adjust the channels to lesser use channels.

There are possibly other wireless parameters that need tweaking, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc. but start with the above and below link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Frequently Change Wireless Channel Settings-Solution
2020-09-17 05:54:58 - last edited 2020-09-17 05:55:03

@Jeff_Max 

Hello, thanks for asking.

Generally, if you leave the wireless channel as AUTO on the WR720N, it will switch to different channels automatically if it detects the current channel is too crowded to give you a better wireless performance.

You may try a mobile app to analyze the WiFi around you, review all the wireless channels. Next, review the channels on the router. If the channels match that around you, an indication of overcrowded. Manually adjust the channels to lesser use channels.

There are possibly other wireless parameters that need tweaking, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc. but start with the above and below link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588

May it help.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 518

Replies: 1

Related Articles