Failed to connect some devices to TP-Link wireless router, but all the others work properly?

Failed to connect some devices to TP-Link wireless router, but all the others work properly?

2020-03-26 11:31:31 - last edited 2022-06-23 05:57:28

Sometimes, you may find that the TP-Link router works well, but there is a specific client that failed to connect to the Wi-Fi (like a smart TV/Printer/Playstation Speaker/Thermostat), even though all other wireless devices work properly. This article will provide you with some suggestions for this kind of issue.

Part 1: On TP-Link wireless router, please check the following settings:

1. Double confirm the wireless network name and wireless password on TP-Link Router.

2. Check whether there are special settings on the wireless router, like Access Control, MAC filtering, if yes, please make sure the device that cannot connect wireless is not in the blacklist.

3. Check wireless settings > Mode, change from 802.11n only to 802.11g/n mixed or 802.11b/g/n mixed.

4. Try to change the wireless channel on the router as 1 or 6 or 11 instead of Auto.

5.  Check wireless security encryption about the client, some devices only work better with WPA-PSK-TKIP encryption, like Vizio TV, so we can change the Encryption from Auto to AES or TKIP. Also, WEP security is not recommended.

Part 2: On the client's end, please do the following basic troubleshooting:

1. Make sure the DHCP is turned on.

DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) is a setting that ensures the clients can get the information it needs from your wireless router to connect to the internet. 

For example, on Epson Printer, you can login to the printer set-up screen, then change the “Get IP Address” setting to “Auto”, then submit.

2. Make sure the client receives a very good signal from the wireless router. For example, on Apple TV, it shows signal strength as below, you could also check on your client.

3. Power cycle your wireless client and Router

This is pretty simple. All you need to do is just unplug your client, your modem, and your wireless router from the power. It’s not enough to just turn them off. You need to disconnect them from the power outlet. Leave everything unplugged for at least 60 seconds. Then reconnect your modem and router to the power first. Gives these a few moments to power up, when all the lights are normal on the modem and router, then plug the client and power it on. 

4.  You can contact the technical support of the client to reset the device to factory settings or update the firmware.

Options
36 Reply
Re:Failed to connect some devices to TP-Link wireless router, but all the others work properly?
2020-03-28 11:22:19

hi 

pls help me iam unable to connect my oppo phone wt TP LInk Router

Options
Re:Failed to connect some devices to TP-Link wireless router, but all the others work properly?
2020-04-16 09:58:54

@Kevin_Z I have tried all these methods. I have Archer C6 router and a fiber connection PPPoe. All mobile devices connect easily to the network but issues are with smart TVs. I have 2 MiTvs and both don't have a stable internet connection. Any solution? 

Options
2020-04-18 21:00:54

@Kevin_Z 

Ciao non ho configurato un TPLINK TL-WR940N in modalità Range Extender. Alla fine di tutto solo due pc si connettono gli altri 2 si connettono alla WIFI ma non hanno internet. Puoi aiutarmi?

Options
2020-04-20 06:32:46

@Letters 

Fixed my issue following tips above. All my devices connected fine to my new Archer AX50 except for a Lenovo Yoga 700 that couldn't see the wireless network. I changed the Mode from "802.11a/n/ac/ax mixed" to "802.11a/n/ac mixed" and suddenly I could see the network. I don't have any ax/wifi-6 devices yet so not a big deal to leave ax off for now.

Options
2020-04-22 20:45:28
same issue with the C6. I even performed RTFD and the issue remains the same. 1 smart tv, 2 laptop (one is equipped with a Qualcomm Atheros AR5B93 Wireless Network Adapter) have trouble connecting(they might connect after a lot of turnn off/on from the clients side). Sometimes it usually helps when i enter the C6 gui and i simply perform apply on wifi settings (without changing something). So there must something wrong on the C6 fw i guess.
Options
2020-04-24 10:03:04

@Kevin_Z Fixed my issue following tips above.  thanks man...

https://www.tararafting.com
Options
2020-04-28 14:28:55

@Kevin_Z Thanks man.... i have fixed my issue with these tricks... thank u so much....

Options
2020-05-05 08:25:33

@nollmr I too have the same problem that my HP laptop couldn't recognize the wifi network from the AX50, and after many failed attempts I've followed your tips to disable ax mode and it sure works now. Sounds like a bug by TP-Link???

nollmr wrote

@Letters 

Fixed my issue following tips above. All my devices connected fine to my new Archer AX50 except for a Lenovo Yoga 700 that couldn't see the wireless network. I changed the Mode from "802.11a/n/ac/ax mixed" to "802.11a/n/ac mixed" and suddenly I could see the network. I don't have any ax/wifi-6 devices yet so not a big deal to leave ax off for now.

Options
2020-05-17 10:49:01

@Kevin_Z 

Hello . I have one (old) client which stubbornly refuses to connect to the Archer C6. I tried all the tricks in your advice (thanks) but no luck. My C6 wireless settings do not offer all the options you show on your screen shot; I do not have the options to change the mode (a,b,g,n ..)  nor the channel width, nor the channel. My firmware is up to date. Any advice, anyone ? Thanks in advance

Options
2020-05-18 19:20:59

@Kevin_Z Some time it will solved by reboot or restart roueter device and dvice wnt  to be connetct with router 

Options