tl-wa850re lot slower than router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-17 16:00:16

I have just purchased the above, my Huawei B311S 4G router gives me 50Mbps but the extender only gives 7Mbps. Any help would be appriciated.

Options
6 Reply
Re:tl-wa850re lot slower than router
2019-01-18 08:27:49

Hi,

How many signal lights do you have on the extender? There should be at least 3, otherwise the extender is too far away from the router. 

At where the extender is plugged in, unplug it first, use your phone or laptop to connect to the router at the same position, test the speed. Then plug the extender back in, connect your phone to the extender Wi-Fi, test speed again. 

Options
Re:Re:tl-wa850re lot slower than router
2019-01-18 12:29:51

Hi. Thanks for reply. the extender has 3 lights on it and is about 10M from router with nothing blocking the signal, it's so close to the router that it's hardly worth using. It's in the loft and my knees wont let me crawl up to it to do the test.Thanks.

Options
2019-01-24 10:30:18

Hi, 

Normally the router is extend the wireless signal in the horizontal direction, if the RE is much higher or lower than the router, the RE can't received good signal strength from the router so that it can't provide good speed.

It maybe the RE can't get good speed from the router, so compare the speed is necessary

Options
2019-01-24 18:19:17

Hi.

Sorry I didn't explain fully. The router and the extender are in the loft they have to be up there because my walls or to thick for the router signal to go thro. 

I have managed to raise the extender speed to 20 Mbps but it is still less than half the router, also if  I connect my phone to the router then go to the extender I lose wifi signal and have turn wifi off and on on the phone to connect to the extender.

Another problem is I have a PS3 connected by LAN to the extender and can only get 8Mbps at best on it. 

Thanks.

Reg.

Options
2019-01-25 10:26:30

When you test the wired speed, is there only one device connected? Could you use a computer connected to the RE by a cable and then test the speed? 
And please help to confirm the link speed on the computer as well. Thank you!
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2265.html

Because the RE is not close to the router, so in the location of the RE, the router may only provide 20+Mbps speed , that why we need to confirm the speed of the router when the phone is in the location of the RE, so that we can identify the RE is fine or not.
If your router only provide 20+Mbps to the RE's location, the RE is provide normal wifi speed to your client.

Options
Re:Re:tl-wa850re lot slower than router
2019-01-31 17:24:31

Hi. I have moved the extender closer to the router and it is in line of site. Using my laptop I get 9 down wireless and 23 with it wired, I am using a TP-Link TL-WN823N usb adaptor. I can get 28 down on my phone. It is still about half the speed of that at the router but I suppose I can live with it. Thanks for your help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5957

Replies: 6