Slow download, fast upload

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-25 23:51:53

I have 3 M5s with the most recent firmware. My ISP provides 500mb/300mb. When I use the speed test in the Deco Android app, the router is getting speeds roughly with what my ISP provides. On wireless though, my download speeds are nowhere close, on any device, by any of the access points (including the gateway). I'm right next to the main AP and both my Pixel 3 and Lenovo laptop are getting roughly 100mb down and 250-300mb up. This is on either 2.4 or 5ghz. I've tried with and without fast roaming turned on. I've obviously rebooted all APs and devices. Ideas?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slow download, fast upload
2019-01-29 08:19:23

May I know have you enabled QoS function and high priority function on the Deco APP?

If yes, on the QoS, please choose standard, and please disable the high priority function for all the clients, and then you can check whether the wireless speed will be better.

If you still have the same issue, please help to confirm the following information.

1. When connect a PC to the main deco by a cable, what's the link speed and the download speed?

You can use www.speedtest.net to check the download speed, and refer to the link below to check the link speed.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2265.html

2. When you connect to the main deco's wireless network, what's the link speed and download speed?

3. Have you tried different devices but the same result?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2301

Replies: 1

Related Articles