Replace BT Smart Hub with VDSL router and wifi mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-27 11:43:09

Hi,

I currently have BT Inifinity (Smart Hub) plus 4 x TP-Link powerline adapters.  Broadband stability and bandwidth seem fine, but I have all sorts of problems with wifi dropping out multiple times/day.

Wifi uses currently are:

- BT Cloudphone system

- Ingenico wifi card teminal

- Sonos sound system

- Smart TV

- 2 x MacBooks

- Multiple iPhones/iPads

I am going to replace the BT Smart Hub and need a new modem/router, but rather than using the powerline adapters, I want a whole home wifi mesh system. I was looking at the TP-Link VRxxx as the VDSL modem/router, but can anyone tell me if I can also reliably connect into this to something like the TP-Link Deco system, or am I likely to have problems?

I am so fed up, that cost really isn't a constraint - I just want really reliable wifi from multiple access points.

All advice welcome.

Thanks.  Rod.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Replace BT Smart Hub with VDSL router and wifi mesh
2019-01-29 09:45:58
The TP-LINK VDSL modem router is no problem to work with the deco system.
If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1508

Replies: 1

Related Articles