[TL-WA801ND] Low speed and problems connecting to the admin page

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-27 14:02:30

Hello everybody,

recently I'having a problem with my internat connection.

My configuration:

- Fiber connection

- Modem/router at first floor

- Access point TL-WA801ND at third floor connected via LAN

In this last period, laptops and phones connected to the extended wi-fi have speed problems and in some cases, they also have problems to connecting internet itself.

Speed is usually around 80Mbps and if I test the connection at first floor directly connected to the main wifi, I can reach 60Mbps and more. 

I didn't change anything on internet settings or similar recently, just connected a few other devices but that are often switched off.

On the main laptop that have problems there is installed McAfee (just in case someone has noticed something on filters/firewalls settings) but I don't think it's a problem because with my iphone I have same speed problems.

Today I tried to connect to http://tplinkap.net/ but I could enter just for a few sec and than I was kicked out and now, if I try to connect from the laptop, I get a courtesy page where they tells me to be sure to be connected to the extended wi-fi (DONE).

I can connect from my iphone.

I don't know what could be the problem but I need the access point because the main wifi signal is not enough to be used at third floor.

Any idea, suggestion, check is really appreciated.

Thanks

Francesco

Options
2 Reply
Re:[TL-WA801ND] Low speed and problems connecting to the admin page
2019-01-30 08:21:16

Hi,

For your issue, you can try to reset the TL-WA801ND, and then reconfigure it, and check whether the speed will be better.

If you still have issue, please help to confirm the following information.

1. Disconnect the cable which from your modem router, then connect that cable to your computer directly, check what's the download speed and link speed on the computer.

Here is the instruction to check the link speed: https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2265

2. How many devices connected to the TL-WA801ND's wifi at the same time?  When you test the speed, is there only one device connected?

3. What's the firmware and hardware version of the TL-WA801ND?

Options
Re:[TL-WA801ND] Low speed and problems connecting to the admin page
2019-02-23 22:57:11

Franken86 wrote

Hello everybody,

recently I'having a problem with my internat connection.

My configuration:

- Fiber connection

- Modem/router at first floor

- Access point TL-WA801ND at third floor connected via LAN

In this last period, laptops and phones connected to the extended wi-fi have speed problems and in some cases, they also have problems to connecting internet itself.

Speed is usually around 80Mbps and if I test the connection at first floor directly connected to the main wifi, I can reach 60Mbps and more. 

I didn't change anything on internet settings or similar recently, just connected a few other devices but that are often switched off.

On the main laptop that have problems there is installed McAfee (just in case someone has noticed something on filters/firewalls settings) but I don't think it's a problem because with my iphone I have same speed problems.

Today I tried to connect to http://tplinkap.net/ but I could enter just for a few sec and than I was kicked out and now, if I try to connect from the laptop, I get a courtesy page where they tells me to be sure to be connected to the extended wi-fi (DONE).

I can connect from my iphone.

I don't know what could be the problem but I need the access point because the main wifi signal is not enough to be used at third floor.

Any idea, suggestion, check is really appreciated.

Thanks

Francesco

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2307

Replies: 2