Synology Surveillance Station can't find FOSCAM connected to Deco M9 WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-01-31 23:54:38

My Synology Surveillance Station is connected to my providers router and has an IP in range 192.168.178.XXX

My FOSCAM FI9831P is connected to the Deco M9 WiFi and has IP 192.168.68.144.

I am able to connect to the IPCAM from the WiFi network and also using a remote (external) connection. For some reason the Synology Surveillance Station cannot find the IPCAM using 192.168.68.XXX. The IPCAM wis visible when it's connected to my providers WiFi using IP range 192.168.178.XXX

Anybody any advise? Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Synology Surveillance Station can't find FOSCAM connected to Deco M9 WiFi
2019-02-01 06:16:02

When you ipcamera connected to the deco M9plus wireless network, the Surveillance and the ipcamera is not in the same subnet, so that the Surveillance can't find the camera. You can connect the Surveillance to the deco M9plus's network, or connect the ipcamera to the provider router's network, then they can work again. The other way is configure the Deco M9plus in the AP mode, so the camera and the Surveillance's ip are assigned by the provider router, so they can work together.

Options
Re:Re:Synology Surveillance Station can't find FOSCAM connected to Deco M9 WiFi
2019-02-03 00:14:55
Thanks a lot, that did the job! I hooked it up in the deco network using a switch.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1985

Replies: 2