archer vr500v issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

archer vr500v issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
archer vr500v issues
archer vr500v issues
2019-02-01 03:57:59

Gday, really hoping someone can help.

My isp are making things a little difficult at the moment!

Ive had the above modem for around 10 months, and have had nothing but problems for the last 6.

It is dropping out once or twice a week, and state numerous reasons, from check phone line, check DSL settings, contact isp, and a few other messages in between. It looses all its settings and has to be re setup everynow and again aswell.

My isp are blaming the modem, but wont replace it without sending it off to TP-Link for testing, and while out for repair i have to pay for another modem, which i think is rediculous, and agaisnt Australian Consumer Law.

Im hoping there is a firmware update available, that i havent been able to find so far, that can fix the issue. Otherwise, is it possible to get one of the "replacement" vouchers that is noted on the back of the warrenty card? If im going to drive an hour each way to take the modem in, i want the issue to be fixed, not to have to make the same trip three+ weeks later once its been checked. 

Any tips or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:archer vr500v issues
2019-02-01 10:00:39

Hi, 

Is the wireless connection unstable or wired and wireless connection both unstable?

Have you checked the lights on the modem when no internet access? Is the DSL light on? Is the interet light on?Can you log into the management page to check the wan ip address?

How do you get the internet back? By reboot the modem?

What's your current firmware?

Options
Re:Re:archer vr500v issues
2019-02-02 01:49:26

Dsl light is flashing, internet light is off.

issues are both wired and wireless, this is an modem issue, not router side of things

Can log into modem fine, and it comes up with numerous different error codes, from check phone line, check dsl settings, check isp, there is always some kind of message. 

I run through the quick setup, and it usually comes back without me needing to do anything else. Lately though, it has been loosing all the settings, and even the quick setup doesnt work straight away.

version is 2.0.0 0.8.0 v5004.0 Build 171208 Rel.17023n

thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1205

Replies: 2

Related Articles