Lan port resetting on PA8010P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-01 17:28:12

Hi,

I have a couple of problems with the PA8010P adapters. Firstly although the tp link utility states there is  an average connection speed of ~180 Mbps. My internet connection speed is connected at 40 Mbps, testing with a cable direct to the router gives ~38 Mbps, testing through the powerline adapters will only ever give me a maximum of ~27 Mbps.

Secondly, the lan port on the adpater will intermittently drop and the lan indicator light will go off and on several times for approximately 30 seconds. This happens randomly and usually turning off the adapter and back on will resolve it for a little while. It happens especially during online gaming sessions (or is probably more noticeable) but I have noticed it occuring even when doing other tasks not requiring the use of the network.

I have changed the ethernet cable twice and have now changed the NIC on the pc. This has not helped. I've also dropped the link speed of the NIC on the pc down to 100 Mbps, while this has helped somewhat on the PC end, it has not solved the problem and I cannot change the routers LAN link speed where the adapter that end also suffers the same problem.

The configuration I'm using is - Router to powerline, powerline to PC. No other devices are connected. The router is located downstairs and the PC upstairs. The PC adapter is plugged direct to a non shared socket, and the router adapter is plugged into a double socket which is shared with the routers power, TV and set top box.

Any help would be appreciated.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 446

Replies: 0