Change wifi channel on Deco M9

Change wifi channel on Deco M9

400 Reply
Re:Change wifi channel on Deco M9
2020-10-09 14:48:09

This is where DD-WRT would come in handily if they could get access to the hardware. If they had the access that team could get the Decos working like a smooth oiled machine for mesh networking. 

Options
2020-10-09 14:50:51

Seriously, @TP-Link_Deco why are you not responding? This is where it's unprofessional. Please stop with the run around and lack of communication. 

can someone @TP-Link PLEASE answer this topic with a proper answer? 

Why is TP-Link just sweeping this under the rug? 

Options
2020-10-09 15:04:12

@Saurabh_S 

Mon-Thu this week was national holiday in China. Let's assume full week is off. Topic should hopefully be picked up next week.

Options
2020-10-10 13:37:04

@JK0712 sadly that's not the case. TP-Link is reading the threads but do not reply as they know they have a mess in hand. 

They haven't had a real legit answer since this thread started around a year and a half ago. 

they will not admit that the bug they have can be fixed and instead give the run around that it's being worked on. Also they have the fantasy that auto picking is a great idea and that they can improve on it which is a complete waste of time. 

TP-Link used to stand for quality consumer networking devices but the lack of professionalism and how they respond is an insult to those that have paid good money for their hardware. 

I hope the company can see the light of their mistake and win back its users and correct this bug. 

@TP-Link @TP-Link_Deco 

Options
2020-10-10 22:54:50

@TP-Link_Deco 

I just got a M4 system to install at my parents little house and was very surprised you cannot manually change the channel. Based on various scans done, including one with a MacOs, the Deco is using a very crowded channel. MacOs is recommending to change channel. It is using the most crowded channel on the 5ghz band and on the 2.4ghz band it is using one of the busiest while some channels are completely free. i just don't get the logic.

As it stand, either tp-link fix the firmware to do a better job at channel selection or you should allow users to manually select it.

You gave as example the Google and netgear system not allowing to change channel as a reasoning for tp-link not to do the same. However you fail to mention that other competitors does allow users to manually change channels like Linksys Velop.

Options
2020-10-13 16:13:54

@roge Yeah just bought 3 x deco m5 in AP mode with Wired backhaul - but absolutely useless to me. Its picking the most congested channel and cannot change it. Back to the TP AP which has no such issue. 

Options
2020-10-14 02:46:34

Hello TP LInk

My situation also same. My Mesh M5 router choice most engaged channel of 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz. It's choice 2.4 channel 6 and 5 ghz choice channel 44 and unfortunate both of channel is over loaded around of my area. So, i want change manually my channel but i can't.

It's have one more big issue, its issue is its can't choice 5 ghz channel most of the time. Its all time choice 2.4 ghz, if i am setting so near of router. My all mobile device is latest mobile which support 5 ghz smotthly. Only its not support perfectly my M5 mesh router. 

Tariqul I. Support Admin APT COM https://aptctg.com
Options
2020-10-14 12:13:42

@TP-Link @TP-Link_Deco can we please have a response? 

Thank you,

Options
2020-10-16 02:16:30

@TP-Link_Deco 

don't understand how your answer became the best solution because it is not a solution at all. i'm giving this another few days and if I hear nothing then i'm returning this.

Options
2020-10-16 02:29:55

@roge 

Thanks for your replay but my country there have no option return this router. Last 6 month waiting and waiting but i don't get right solution. 3 month ago TP Link Bangladesh Facebook Group help us for this 5 ghz issue but there have raise another issue. So, its not permanent solution. 

Again thanks for your replay.

Tariqul I. Support Admin APT COM https://aptctg.com
Options

Tags

Feature Request
Channel and channel width
Related Articles