Change wifi channel on Deco Products

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-27 09:46:39 - last edited 2023-04-27 09:59:41
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.9 Build 2020119 Rel. 75362

I need to be able to change Wi-Fi Channels on my Deco M4 for 5ghz. Auto Selection as claimed, does not work. And I have 5 close neighbors occupying the same channel 42.

But basically everyone has the issue with not being able to change channel, no matter the model.

Last response from TP Link on that topic was around 2-3 years ago.

Haven't you conduct your research yet? (as someone named @David-TP   claimed)

How many more years of "research" do you need?

Or will you at least have the decency to be honest enough to say that you are just cheap?

Btw...looking at the firmware version, you haven't done anything since November 2020

Options
5 Reply
Re:Change wifi channel on Deco Products
2023-04-28 02:59:14 - last edited 2023-04-28 03:03:12

@Duke49th Hi, welcome to the community.

The engineers have finished the research and the current plan is to gradually optimize the auto-selection protocol.  Allowing changing channels is still not on the schedule. If the users have any performance issues that might be considered related to the channel, it is always welcome to send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com. If it has been confirmed relevant, It would help a lot to improve the auto-selection mechanism.

And back to your case, the current firmware for your Deco m4-v2-1.1.9 Build 2020119 Rel. 75362, is not a general version for Deco M4 v2, and as far as I know, it is a customized firmware per local ISP's needs. These products are provided by ISP to their users directly. Since the firmware is customized, the feature request for this firmware needs to get the approval of the internet service provider first. It is also suggested to send your request to the ISP for their approval.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-01 19:33:25

@Duke49th The auto optimization is a fake feature. It does nothing. My Deco X60s have been stuck on channel 42 for 2 years, even though that channel is congested, including my soundbar, which it interferes with.

I'm in the process of confirming that the Nighthawk mesh system can change channels, then it's goodbye TP-Link forever. They've been promising this feature for years, stringing along customers, but this new reply just confirms that they are doing nothing about this problem. It's a basic feature of every router on the market.

But TP-Link knows better about your needs than you do.

Options
2023-07-15 14:59:48
Absolutely ridiculous that after years of complaints the so called engineers still won't add the manual change channel feature. @david-TP you would be right about the mesh system IF it chose the most uncongested channel. But it doesn't.
Options
2023-09-22 12:29:00

@David-TP Who do I reach out to in order to FULLY reimburse me for your substandard product with a feature you claim to solve this that has fundamental bugs in it? 

It is just not good enough to dismiss customers when there are many topics, replies and complaints about this. 

If it is too hard for your developers.... I suggest looking for better developers. 

Options
2023-09-27 00:45:25

@Mawaukee Completely agree. I too have been looking at the Nighthawk after reading a lot of positive opinions.

My Deco M4 WiFi has been completely ruined by recent updates yet TP-Link will not allow rollbacks for some unknown reason (plus the lack of channel selection, a VERY basic feature!). Last TP-Link product I will be buying - seem to be going downhill, shame.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 661

Replies: 5

Related Articles