Change wifi channel on Deco M9

Change wifi channel on Deco M9

400 Reply
Re:Change wifi channel on Deco M9
2022-01-06 14:00:08

Add another vote to allow end user to change channel.  There wouldn't be 31+ pages of customers bitching about your garbage product if the "automatic" configuration worked properly.  I spend more time power cycling these things than actually surfing the Internet.  My Deco P9's are in AP point mode because I have a firewall.  I see in the forums that people are recommending flipping them to router mode.  This is not a solution. 

Options
2022-01-08 13:57:09

@TP-Link_Deco 

Any update on this one?  My decos do a good job of auto selecting the best 2.4 band channel, but many of my neighbors use the same 5ghz channel which has become a real problem.  

Thanks

Options
2022-01-10 11:55:48

@TP-Link_Deco  can I know the update of this situation and when will we be able to use channels like 149 or above? 

Options
2022-01-11 01:40:12 - last edited 2022-01-11 01:43:36

@TP-Link_Deco 

Have you guys figured out the channel change issue?

If not, I will have to go to a different platform. 

This autoselect crap DOES NOT WORK on any band

It seems to be using the most crowded channels 

Options
2022-01-29 20:26:26

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Sorry to say, but your TP RD team works really slow. You wrote in 2019 that your team is working on it and will be available soon.

I haven't been able to change the channel in Deco App since 2019. 

2.4GHz WiFi signal (on channel 2 - chosen by Deco automatically) is interfering with my bluetooth devices (e.g. smart trainer).

When will the manual setting be available?

BR

Options
2022-01-30 16:01:58

@Hami 

Same problem with the M5. The automatic channel selection is horrible cause its stays on the same channel. I tried to contact the support to see if they could do anything but I get the same response all the time. It will be brought in the future. 

Options
2022-02-03 07:50:55

@Hami Same problem with Deco M9 Plus (3-Pack). I cannot change the channel and my near neighbors are using the same channel as me. Please allow us to change the channel or fix the issue with your automatically channel change function. I spent a lot of many for Deco M9 Plus (3-Pack) and I have a lot of issues because other neighbors are using the same channel as me. Please fix this issue.

Options
2022-02-03 12:54:04

@Ilie.V I think the best thing we can do to try and gain some attention is to start a new thread. If we ALL start a new thread with the same complaint/request they'll have no choice but to actually respond/address. 

My personal experiences are these folks are limited, in a different time zone, and ignore customers instead of helping. 

I've had an open case for over a year. They finally remotely connected in December to investigate. Sadly we were disconnected and since they've gone back to ignoring. It took a year to have support actually respond and attempt to address. 

Customers are not TP Link's priority. 

Options
2022-02-13 21:21:37

@Kevin_Z I have the Deco P9 which is great in my cottage for the thick walls.  I am however having the same issue that I cannot change the WIFI channel.   I us ethe WIFI anaylizer app which I purchased and it shows me the amount of dropouts I have, it also shows me that it is a lie that my Deco P9's pick the best channel as mine are set to channel 6 for 2.4ghz and 36 for the 5ghz, these channels are the default channels for all routers.  So frustrated with this.  Spent a fortune in this and it is killing me...

Options
2022-02-13 21:46:17

@SamanthaB 

after a very disappointing 2 hours with support, which is delivered from somewhere 11 hours ahead of us and they only work 9-5 their TZ. I bought the Google system. 

my issue was a visible 15-20 second delay routing any traffic on my internal network. By this I mean devices connected to the Deco M9+ units. My through our has never been anywhere near my ISP delivery speed of 1Gbps. I've experienced increasing issues with TPLink. The resolution was to put them into AP mode, which disables parental controls, QoS, AV, making this just an expensive dumb system. Still issues, but performance improved slightly. 

TPLink support simply told me the CPU's aren't up to the task of running all features. The solution, buy our latest product. If I am going to spend another $300 or more, it won't be to a company that has poor/non-existent customer support. It took more than a year for them to help me. This also pushed me outside of my 2yr warranty. How convenient!!!

I can say this. The new Google wifi I implemented is impressive. I see throughout spreads of over 800Mbps up/down consistently. I placed two (of the three) units in the exact same spots with the exact same wiring. My home of flooded in wifi signal, deadspots the TPLink didn't cover are now fully covered. Parental controls are not as deep as TPLink, but meet my requirements. I cannot change the wifi channel on these either, however they are always scanning and adjusting the channel on their own. Who knew wifi could be so fast and consistent?!no more streaming delays and buffering, my IOT devices respond instantly, super fast network. Even my older devices are loading faster and seeing results 2-4x faster with speed test. 

I was hesitant to move given Google has less antennas and is theoretically the same 1200 technology. The CPU and memory are much better however. All I can say is WOW this is how a network should be. Wish I had made the switch years ago, in fact I should have followed ky buddies lead and went Google instead of TPLink like he did. His is still running while I've spent my time fighting performance issues and dealing with support. 

thank you to TPLink support for helping me realize my mistake and pushing me to walk away!

Options

Tags

Feature Request
Channel and channel width
Related Articles