archer c6 - no wifi schedule

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-02-05 20:11:11 - last edited 2021-05-07 01:15:29

Why has the C6 Archer not got wifi scheduling option ?

Would have been a top router but this function lets it down and creates an impression that its an inferior product. Is there any plans to introduce in the next firmware ? I have no choice but to go for another vendor.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:archer c6 - no wifi schedule-Solution
2021-05-07 01:15:24 - last edited 2021-05-07 01:15:29

@Kondorr0  @Djx0804 

Hi, the Archer C6 do support the Wi-Fi Schedule, you can check the User Manual to configure it:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202005/20200514/1910012695_Archer%20A6C62.0_UG.pdf (Page 70-71)

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
16 Reply
Re:archer c6 - no wifi schedule
2019-02-05 21:43:59
Does the guest networks have scheduling?
Options
2019-05-11 06:33:06

It is interesting that no moderators respond in this formum.

I see this post is posted for some time now.

I was also interested to find a schedule reboot option which I see this router lacks.

Options
Re:Re:archer c6 - no wifi schedule
2019-05-11 17:04:08
If the router does not have a scheduled reboot option (not sure why you need one) you can put a timer on the router's A/C power cord and have it power the router off and back on as desired.
Options
2019-05-13 02:46:17 - last edited 2021-05-07 01:11:32

Hi all,

The Archer C6 does not support wifi schedule yet, you can turn on/off the wifi function manually to satisfy your needs as a workaround first.

Besides, we have reminded our R&D colleagues of your request, they will work on it and evaluate the feasibility.

You can keep an eye on official website or contact us for more details. 

Have a nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2019-09-01 23:07:04

Hi, 

Any update on this? 

Thanks! 

Options
Re:Re:Re:archer c6 - no wifi schedule
2019-09-02 01:18:05

Hi, @Byrd1 there is no update yet.

To be honest, it will take some time for them to evaluate the feasibility; besides, a new firmware release will take more time.

What we can tell you now is that please wait patiently and keep an eye on official website.

Thanks for your kind understanding in advance. Good day.

Options
2019-09-03 11:58:37

Thanks Kevin,

It is a great router, but the firmware is incredibly basic. I really think I'm going to have to swap it for a different brand; I upgraded from a more basic TP-Link model and although the router itself is better, the firmware is basically the same except with app access (which in itself is more or less useless, with virtually no functions).

Any ideas how patient we have to be....?

Thanks,

Nick

Options
2019-09-06 08:38:54

@Byrd1 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused here.

We have gathered some feedbcack and will push forward our r&d colleague to work on it. 

Wish your kindly understanding.

Best regards. 

Options
2019-12-10 22:49:49

@Kevin_Z  Please, I also want this option in the new firmware.

Options
2020-01-14 18:44:01

Hi. I also need this feature. Do you have some news? This feature is really important for me.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 4080

Replies: 16

Related Articles