Setting time on TD-W8980

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Setting time on TD-W8980

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Setting time on TD-W8980
Setting time on TD-W8980
2019-02-12 18:59:38

Hello,

I've the router which is connected to a xdsl modem throught ethernet.

I cannot get date/time from a ntp server. I can only set date/time with the 'get time from PC' button (which resets when router is powered off, unfortunately...)

Clicking on the 'Get GMT' button leads me to a 'Get GMT failed'.

Any clue/solution ?

Thanks.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Setting time on TD-W8980
2019-02-13 06:10:17

First please ensure that the modem router works fine which means you can get internet from it; then you can change another NTP server and give it a go: go to system tools-time settings to do that. 

Options
Re:Re:Setting time on TD-W8980
2019-02-13 18:27:10

Of course, my router can access internet, it's my wifi hotspot.

Putting other ntp servers (or ip address) is not functional...

I've googled the message and I've found this dead link (unfortunately not in google cache nor accessible via wayback machine) :

https://forum.tp-link.com/showthread.php?1844-Get-GMT-not-working

So, the summarize of this google result is :

7 janv. 2013 - Get GMT throws an error. ... All the TP-Link routers set date-time only from the WAN port, which is ... TP-Link Archer C7 v2 (WDS Bridge) ...

If someone can leads me to a newer version of this post, I would be very happy.

Tried to switch cables in order to have the tagged 'wan port' directly connected to my dsl modem, tried to get the router operating in 'adsl router mode' or in ' Wireless Router Mode', but no way...

Finally, ound another post for tp-link material (Archer C9) : in order to get time, I've to configure a static route because the router does not know 'how to exit my house' !

And it works...

Options
Re:Re:Re:Setting time on TD-W8980
2019-02-15 06:33:54

Glad to hear that you solved your problem finally. And thanks for your feedback. 

We feed back this issue to our related engineer and they will work on it. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1104

Replies: 3

Related Articles